Shocker Alumni
      Shocker Club Soccer alumni
      Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Apparently, the question is what did they test positive for?? LOL
        that's too funny. thanks for the laugh.

Comment

• Seems to me that the need for multi year contracts for head coaches should be non existent. Those were used for recruiting purposes to show a kid that a coach would be there for the duration of the kids college career.
          Now that kids can leave anytime without loosing a year or sitting out a year, the only need for multiple year coaching contracts, should be to aquire a proven coach based on his history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
            Seems to me that the need for multi year contracts for head coaches should be non existent. Those were used for recruiting purposes to show a kid that a coach would be there for the duration of the kids college career.
            Now that kids can leave anytime without loosing a year or sitting out a year, the only need for multiple year coaching contracts, should be to aquire a proven coach based on his history.
            Good take. I do think three-year contracts would be useful to give the coach time to build up a team and/or show what he can do with some of his own players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Good take. I do think three-year contracts would be useful to give the coach time to build up a team and/or show what he can do with some of his own players.
              That would be reasonable for an incoming coach , but a promotion from within like IB should have been 2 year Max with 50 % buy out.

Comment

Apparently, the question is what did they test positive for?? LOL
                Needed the laugh today... Thanks
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That would be reasonable for an incoming coach , but a promotion from within like IB should have been 2 year Max with 50 % buy out.
                  Or at minimum a buy out for any incoming coach who is either previously an assistant or a head coach who isn’t proven yet. That way if they fail you didn’t shoot the university in the foot. Now no buy out makes sense for a coach in the top 15. That would be an insult. Glad I’m not the AD or president doing hiring!
                  Shocker Alumni
                  Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                  Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Could have hired IB for less than a mill a year on a 5-year contract that had a $0 buyout. That way he had a long-term commitment for recruiting, but if he blew up (in the bad way), he could easily be replaced. That might produce some accountability for results.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                      Could have hired IB for less than a mill a year on a 5-year contract that had a $0 buyout. That way he had a long-term commitment for recruiting, but if he blew up (in the bad way), he could easily be replaced. That might produce some accountability for results.
                      I assumed that is what would be done. I couldn't believe it when I saw the actual contract terms. Just insane.

Comment

• So I'm guessing there was nothing noteworthy discussed during the show except testing results?

Comment

I assumed that is what would be done. I couldn't believe it when I saw the actual contract terms. Just insane.
                          yep

Comment

and again

Comment

• serious question. Is it on tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                serious question. Is it on tonight?
                                It's on the schedule per goShocker.com for 6 pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X